Hopefully this ziplock bag of odds and ends and the more colorful bag of fuller skeins of yarn will become pillows for the trailer sofa. I thought that a couple of pillows would be a nice touch for napping and add a bit more color to the brown, brown, brown of the decor. These are all Caron Simply Soft. I like knitting/crocheting with it and it washes very well. I know a lot of people don't like it for splitting, but I don't seem to have that issue. It makes wonderfully soft hats for the baby's at the hospital.
I was reading Shari's blog, Kashmere Kisses this morning and she is making a quilt out of a sheet she found at Goodwill. It made me remember my rugs that were also made with sheets I found at a local thrift store. Both of these rugs were made when we first built our house almost 11 years ago. They hold up very well to traffic and wash great...after all, they're sheets! Look you can see my toes peeking out by the bathroom rug! My new spring toenails! The blue and off-white rug is by the garage door. Lots and lots of traffice and still looking good.
My current project is April's dishcloths. Can you see the butterflies in the finished dishcloth? I love the happy color in these two cloths.
Have any of you ever read books by Debbie Macomber? I think I have at least 60-70 of her books now. She has two series that I really enjoy. The "Cedar Cove" series set in the fictitious town of Cedar Cove, Washington. The town is based on Port Orchard, Washington where Debbie lives. She also has a series named the "Blossom Street" series. This series is set on a fictitious street named, appriately enough, Blossom Street in Seattle. The Blossom Street series is centered around a yarn shop. The newest book came out on Tuesday and I bought it yesterday. I'm making myself wait to read it until I'm surrounded by my pillows and blankets and listening to the rain on the roof of the trailer this weekend. Heavenly!
Debbie also was the writer of the books that inspired the Christmas Hallmark Channel movies, "Mrs. Miracle" and "They call me Mrs. Miracle that aired the past couple of years. They are now making a series based on the Cedar Cove books with Andy McDowell, (did I spell that right?) as the lead character.
My goodness! Can you tell I like Debbies work? She's an avid knitter. She even is a co-owner of a yarn shop that is attached to her office where she writes. So she understands us knitters and crocheters perfectly.
And now, one last photo of my Chloe this morning. She looks nice and cozy on her bed doesn't she? I had to pry her into the car to get her to leave the lake. It's her favorite place in the world, (besides our bed)!
Next week I'll be on my way to Portland on Wednesday to spend a few days with Mandy and her family. They've been battling lots of sickness and they need me. At least that's what Mandy says. It's really nice when your grown children admit to still needing you isn't it? A really wonderful benefit to going to Portland again is that I'll be having lunch with Teresa, Taci and Gracie again! Yippee! That's always a fun time. Chatting with girlfriends about yarny topics. :-)
And now I have a giveaway to tell you about at Evy's blog. http://www.yestheyareallmine-mom.blogspot.com She's celebrating her 700th post and would like you to visit her. This is one amazing lady with a big family and an even bigger heart.
Have a lovely day my friends. Remember to hug someone today!
Blessings,
Betsy

0 Yorumlar