This weekend felt long and weird. First of all, last week on Wednesday, our school went completely online due to the big spike in Covid cases happening here in Utah and specifically at the high school where I teach. The school was completely closed for two days, for deep cleaning, then teachers were supposed to go back and teach online from empty classrooms beginning Friday.
I got a second Shingles Shot on Thursday, and by Friday, I was having some pretty serious, albeit expected, side effects, like body aches and cold chills. I emailed my principal and told her that I would work from home on Friday. Because chills and aches can also be Covid symptoms, I decided that if I was not feeling a lot better by Friday afternoon, I would go get a Covid test, but by afternoon, I was feeling much better and by Friday evening I was fine. I had some side effects from my first Shingles shot as well, so it wasn't totally unexpected, but it wasn't much fun either. Now, I am finished with the shots (a series of two) and can go forward without getting the Shingles for the rest of my life, at least that is what I am told.
Even though I wasn't feeling very good, Charly and I did take a walk Friday morning. Our weather has been super nice lately and a walk did help me feel better.
Later on Friday, when I was recovering from the shot, and I had most of my grading finished, I worked out on the back patio, removing dead plants from pots and getting the plants that are still alive ready for winter.
On Saturday morning, I hemmed some jeans I recently purchased, then we had to run some errands. I got the white table in the picture with a gift card I got for my birthday. I then spent Saturday afternoon setting up a sewing and craft space in a spare bedroom downstairs. I am excited to have a dedicated space for sewing so that I don't have to carry my sewing machine up and down the stairs whenever I need to mend or sew.
Saturday evening was, of course, Halloween. We had plenty of treats to give out, but only four trick or treaters (one group of children) came by.
While we were waiting for trick-or-treaters, we watched some TV (Dateline - seemed appropriate for Halloween) and I read and finished this book, The Women of Brewster Place. I did not enjoy this book. It may have been an important book to read, given the current state of racial relations, but it was not a pleasant read. The book had the lots of language, sex and violence, including the most explicit and violent rape scene I have ever read. Unless a reader doesn't mind that sort of thing, this is one book to stay away from, in my opinion.
Sunday morning, we got an extra hour of sleep, thanks to the time change, then were up and off to church by 8:45 a.m.. After church we took a walk. It was another lovely day, with a deep blue sky and a slight breeze.
After lunch, I indexed 59 records from church census records. My goal for the entire month is 50 records, so I surpassed that in one day.
Sunday dinner was fish sticks (shrimp for Charly and Josh), pasta salad, fried potatoes and fresh green beans. It was good and enjoyed by all of us.
Coming up this week:
- Monday - Back to school to teach online from an empty classroom until November 11 when students come back in person.
- Tuesday - Election Day!
Not much beyond Election Day planned here. I admit to having a lot of anxiety about the election, the virus, and the future of our nation, but I have voted, and must leave it all in God's hands now.
Thanks for stopping by. I will leave you with this quote that reminds us that God is in control no matter what.










0 Yorumlar