Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Shawl Progress and Edging Colors

I only have a few more rows to go on the body color purple before I begin the lacy and colorful edging.  Yay!


This is my pink shawl done with the same pattern - "Sunday Shawl" designed by Alia Bland, aka Little Bee.  Selecting the colors for the border is tricky.  In this one I wish I had not added the yellow and went with more pink-blue-lavender colors.


This is how close I am to being done with the purple!


The border edging design is so interesting!


Which of these colors would you start with?  I will alternate warm and cool colors.


This was my cozy location over the rainy weekend while crocheting away and watching interesting things on TV.  We watched a most interesting show on Netflix called "Unorthodox -- The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots." which is a German-American drama miniseries that debuted on Netflix on 26 March 2020. The first Netflix series to be primarily in Yiddish, it is inspired by Deborah Feldman's 2012 autobiography.


My sister Denise gave us a loaf of Como bread and I cut thick slabs of it, toasted it, buttered it and sprinkled it with cinnamon and sugar, I got it at Penzey's Spices and it has Ceylon cinnamon and vanilla bean in it.  YUM!


I finished book 4 in the Seven Sisters series - The Pearl Sister by Lucinda Riley.  This one was set in Australia and we learn a lot about it in this book and also the plight of the aboriginal people.  It was very good!  Next up is the Moon Sister.  I do love a series that is great as you don't have to agonize over the next book you'll read.  :-)


I'm watching the news right now and it's looking like actually positive changes will be made due to the massive worldwide protest and calls for justice after the horrific death of George Floyd.  A deli clerk called the police over the suspicion of Mr. Floyd using a fake $20 bill.  He was choked to death over $20.  Things must change.  

I hope your week is going well.  Please be safe, the Covid19 virus is rearing it's ugly head again.  Cases are rising after the loosening of restrictions.  Be well!  

((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar